Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Romeo and Juliet Continued

The worst thing that's ever happened to me? I don't know, probably when I found out my mistress was dead, along with her life long lover. Nothing will ever be the same without Juliet; she was my life. The only thing for me to do now is to carry on with my life. Lord Capulet banished me from his dwelling for keeping the secret of the lovers' secret wedding. It relieved me so much to hear that I was never going to enter the home again; the house would only remind me of Juliet. Had Lord Capulet let me stay, I would weep ever time I saw something that reminded me of her. This is not a good idea because most everything reminds me of Juliet now.

The most terrible thing that ever happened in my lifetime? Maybe when I had the insane idea that I could get the two lovers, Romeo and Juliet, to run away with each other to Mantua. I told Juliet to drink a heavy sleeping potion to get out of a marriage she didn't want. Everyone thought she was dead; I sent a letter to Romeo to go and get Juliet from the graveyard. Unfortunately, this letter was postponed from being sent. Romeo heard the news about Juliet's supposed death and when to die with her. Juliet woke up to find her only love in the entire world dead right beside her tomb. She was so devastated that she killed herself with Romeo's dagger. I can only help but think that this is all my fault. Now I am banished from Verona, and I am roaming the streets of Mantua. I feel empty without Verona, the town in which I grew up. It is where I worshiped God for half my life. I can't let it go, but I have to.

My daughter is dead. My wife is dead. I have nothing. These were the only people in my life who gave me joy. There is nothing I can do, I am all alone with the rest of my servants, none of whom I can call my family. I told Nurse to never come back to my dwelling for a good reason. She let Juliet get married to my former enemy. Now I know I shouldn't have banished her; I wish I could find her and tell her to come back. She is the person who knew Juliet best. All I can do now is hope that Juliet has forgiven me from forcing her to marry someone she didn't really love.



This picture shows that Juliet was depressed that her only love in the world had killed himself.
It was her fate to kill herself along with her husband and only joy.

Vocabualry Terms-
            
Apprehend- Arrest; For a crime

Canopy- Something hung up or held up over something

Comtempt- In a state of peace and happiness

Disperse- Distribute or spread over a large area

Inexorable- Impossible to stop or prevent

Interred- Place in a grave or a tomb

Penury-Extreme poverty; destitution

Remnants- A small remaining quantity of something

Righteous- Morally right or justifiable

My last blog ~Rebecca Worsley~

1 comment:

  1. Really creative way to present the various characters' perspectives, Rebecca. I like how you did this. I wish you would have incorporated P.C. to support your ideas, though. Overall, great blogging. Fun to read and well-written.

    ReplyDelete