Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Juliet's Feelings Come Out

To my only confidence,

There is nothing or no one whom I can trust anymore. It seems that there is nothing I can do about my problems. I have no one to turn to, Nurse has helped me very much, but it seems she has decided to move to my parents standpoint. This is very bad for me becuase she was the only shoulder I had to cry on. This is something I would never have predicted to have happened. Of course there is always the help of Friar Lawrence.

You see my dear cousin Tybalt has alway been one to start fights. But I fear this one may have gone too far. He has always wanted to fight a Montague, or a friend of a Montague, so when he saw Mercuitio, Benvolio, and Romeo, he took the chance, he faught Mercuitio to the death. Romeo was so enraged about his friend being dead, that he faught Tybalt to the deaths. Prince Escalus banished Romeo to the streets of Mantua. This, of course, means that I may never see him again. On top of all of this chaios, my parents still don't know that I have married Romeo, (I plan to keep it that way) so they have forced me into marrying Paris. Not only that, but they want me to get married to him on Thursday! I never tought that all of the world's weight would crash down on me all at once.

Of course, now I know that if I tell my father that I do not wish to marry Paris, becuase I have already married Romeo, I would never see the light of day ever again. Now I have no way of knowing where Romeo is so that I can ask him what in the world is going on with the resent events that have occured.  Even if I did find him, anything that he says won't make a difference, he is still going to be banished, and I am still going to have to marry Paris.

Even though I am really only sad about Romeo being banished, I will alway have to side with my family, I mean this is my cousin we are talking about, my own flesh and blood. Alas, there is nothing I can do at this point, Romeo's gone, and now all I have left is Paris.

I predict, that Romeo will be lonely of the sad streets of Mantua, I will have no choice but to marry Paris on Thursday even though it is not my wish. I hope that everything that has recently happened will find some sort of way to straighten itself. Thanks for listening to my problems.

Your dearest companion,
Juliet

1 comment:

  1. Great job, Rebecca! You present Juliet's concerns in a great way and really show her point-of-view. The detail in your response is accurate and shows your understanding of the text.

    ReplyDelete